It is hard to believe that we already are starting our second semester! As we settle back into our school schedule, I remind students and parents that NOW is the time to plan for a successful spring 2024 semester.
I would also like to remind you that NOW is the time for all students to increase their time and efforts on their studies. Students should be working diligently to complete assignments, study, and prepare for tests. I urge students to work hard in the coming months and achieve to their maximum potential!
To help students with their achievement, we recommend the following:
· Students may use the Tutoring Center after school Monday through Thursday from 3:20 to 4:20 p.m.
· Use Parent Square to contact your student’s teachers if you have concerns about progress.
· Discuss with teacher’s specific steps your student can take to increase their achievement.
· Take advantage of additional help teachers offer before and/or after school.
· Use Khan Academy to review concepts students struggle with.
I wish all of our winter athletes and performers the best of luck with the current season of games and performances. Stay strong, focused, and continue to strive for excellence in all areas of your life.
As a reminder, school is not in session on the following dates:
January 15th – MLK JR. Day
February 12th – Lincoln’s Day
February 19th – Presidents Day
Again, on behalf of the Alta Loma staff, we wish you a Happy New Year and great second semester!
Jason T. Kaylor
Principal, Alta Loma High School