Schoolwide Learning Outcomes
SCHOOLWIDE LEARNING OUTCOMES (SLO'S)
All ALHS students will graduate ready for college and careers.
Technical skills and content knowledge - Students will navigate the digital world, proficient in the use of computer and web-based software including word processing, social media, communication platforms, online learning, presentations, and spreadsheets.
- Word processing and spreadsheets
- Electronic communication and research
- File storage
- Use of presentation software*
Career Exploration and Assessment - Students will take two career assessments before graduation, helping them explore their strengths, interests, and post-secondary opportunities. Students will be exposed to career speakers from a variety of industrial sectors as well as have the opportunity to participate in career pathways.
- exploring career opportunities
- participating in Career Day
Employability Skills - Students will be exposed to internships, job-shadowing, and mentoring opportunities. Students will make presentations and understand the importance of punctuality, ethics, and organization in the business world.
- capable of being trained for the job at hand
- able to follow directions and procedures
- able to communicate and collaborate with others*
- responsibility, dependability, trustworthiness*
Learning Skills - Students will learn problem-solving skills, reading for understanding, and research methods and best practices.
- communication skills, including making presentations*
- computation and problem-solving skills*
- precision and accuracy
- reading for comprehension, note-taking, test-taking
Life Skills - Students will learn financial principals and be prepared to make effective financial choices. Students will be computer and digitally literate, as well as effective communicators.
- applying for financial aid and wisely funding education
- applying for a post-secondary training or degree program*
- resume’ writing
- job application
- interview skills
- financial literacy
- digital literacy and computer etiquette*
- managing time
- managing stress
- grooming and appearance; free from drugs and alcohol; healthy*